As the fourth year of Suburban Militarism on WordPress comes to a close and a New Year looms, it’s a time for reflection. Swedish Napoleonic cavalrymen; Ottoman Turkish artillerymen; Serbian and Austrian infantry of the Great War; Belgian Carabinier cyclists; 28mm Yeomanry figures based on illustrations by Marrion; Saxon Cuirassiers and not forgetting some Napoleonic Poles back in January.
So, here’s a brief pictorial overview of some of the figures painted over 2018.
Looking forward to 2019, I know well enough by now not to forecast my painting plans in any great detail as distractions lead me on to other unforeseen areas over the year! However, currently demanding my attention are:
- My Ottomania project – now well under way with the artillery corps progressing nicely;
- The Great War project – I have a number of excellent kits I intend to tackle as I continue to develop my WWI collection;
- Some 54mm Yeomanry cavalry figures are crying out for attention;
- I have my eye on a couple of soon-to-be-released new figures for 2019;
- And of course, there’s the Nappy Cavalry Project which continues proudly into its fifth year being now up to 31 regiments strong!
My ever growing pile of unpainted model soldier kits suggests the likely fate of at least some of these hobby intentions, however!
Best wishes for a happy and peaceful 2019 to all Suburban Militarism’s friends and visitors!